Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Cold Kitchen ~ Eating in the Raw



Fun, fun, fun!!!

There is a new cooking school/production kitchen in town called Back to the Table. My friend Dorothy and I decided to check it out and give it a try. We took the class called Raw. I'm sure you get the idea; nothing is cooked.

The menu consisted of the following:

Almond Milk
Cream of Zucchini Soup
Mediterranean Kale Salad
Zucchini Noodles Marinara
"Chocolate Mousse"

The good thing about a new business is the word is not out yet. We were fortunate enough to be the only two in the class this day. It was more of a one-on-one un-cooking session. There were a few minor kinks they need to work out, but we had a fabulous time and and are anxious to take another class.

Upon deciding on a class, I was thinking that this was a good choice, for I am interested in looking for meals I can prepare for our vegetarian daughter, and this was also a good choice for my friend whom is on a restricted diet.

Success meter (1-3): 3



Such a cute store!
The picture does not do it justice.

Here I am making almond milk ~ yummm!

Awesome kitchen!

Cream of Zucchini Soup


My dear friend Dorothy.
Isn't she just a cutie patootie!

Our wonderful instructor, Chef Erin!
She does not label herself as a vegetarian
or vegan, but a "choicetarian".

Kale salad ~ so good.
Dorothy calls it a "bowl of health"

Chef Erin demonstrating zucchini "noodles"
made with a very cool tool called a spirooli.
I want one, as well as a Blendtec.

This is what is leftover from
making the "noodles".

Raw marinara sauce.

An example of zucchini ribbons
made with the spirooli.

"Chocolate Mousse"
(made of dates, avocado, and cocoa)

A very cool whirl-a-ma-jig!
I want one of these too!



Out of respect of Chef Erin and Back to the Table cooking school, I am not posting the recipes. You'll need to sign up for the class yourself; and that's a good thing.

Thanks to my daughter Ashley and her boyfriend Jake for the great catch phrase!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Would love to hear from you - feel free to comment.