Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Wok Wednesdays | Stir-Fried Cilantro with Bean Sprouts and Shrimp

WW wokking through Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge
by Grace Young


This is a simple stir-fry made up of garlic, ginger, shrimp, bean sprouts, carrots and cilantro. If you wanted a stronger, more pungent shrimp flavor, Grace mentions you could sub out the fresh shrimp for dried, as they do in the Hui Zhou village of China. The dried shrimp of course needs to be reconstituted in water first, and you would use less salt that is called for in the recipe.


Bowl 1: Garlic
Bowl 2: Ginger (I usually put the garlic and ginger in one bowl, I just spaced out this time.)
Bowl 3: Shrimp
Bowl 4: Bean Sprouts
Bowl 5: Carrots
Bowl 6: Cilantro
Bowl 7: Salt, sugar


If you are not a fan of cilantro, which I am, this dish may not be for you. The cilantro, really took center stage here (and I probably added a little more than the recipe called for).

The recipe states this serves four as a side dish, though I think this would make for a fine light meal on its own; you can even add a bit more shrimp if you like. 

We have been asked not to post the recipes here on our blog. If you would like the recipe, you will find it on page 224, of  Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge, which you can purchase at your local bookstore or find it at your local library. I highly recommend purchasing the book - you won't be disappointed.  

This recipe is on Grace's website, along with several of the other delicious recipes we have prepared. 

Wok Wednesdays is an online cooking group. If you would like information about joining us, click here, or visit us on Facebook. Would love for you to wok along with us!





4 comments:

  1. Looks super fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this looks fantastic, I wish this was on my table for dinner tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathleen - I am really glad you didn't combine the garlic and ginger. It gives me a really good idea of how much is needed! (Especially since I cannot eat garlic!) However, it really didn't matter, as this recipe was available. We both love (and grow) cilantro, and I know we are going to love this dish. David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, if there is ever a recipe you would like, send me a message!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! Would love to hear from you - feel free to comment.