Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wok Wednesdays | Stir-Fried Cabbage with Prosciutto

WW wokking through Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge
by Grace Young



This stir-fry was surprisingly tasty. It's amazing that such a small amount of prosciutto (one ounce) adds so much flavor; and the cabbage is cooked only until it is crisp-tender. This made for a wonderful side dish to our grilled market steak.

Mise en place.

Bowl 1: Ginger
Bowl 2: Cabbage
Bowl 3: Salt, sugar
Bowl 4: Chicken broth, dry sherry, cornstarch
Bowl 5: Prosciutto



I now have a use for all the left over cabbage I always seem to have in the fridge, that usually sits there until its demise, sad to say. But no longer! Looking forward to making this again - soon!


We have been asked not to post the recipes here on our blog. If you would like the recipe, you will find it on page 199, of  Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge, which you can purchase at your local bookstore or find it at your local library. I highly recommend purchasing the book - you won't be disappointed.  

Wok Wednesdays is an online cooking group. If you would like information about joining us, click here, or visit us on Facebook. Would love for you to wok along with us!





2 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a fun fusion dish - the prosciutto and ginger together must be amazing! Thanks, Cathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathleen, I wasn't sure that you would see my response on my blog so I'm leaving a note here. I just wanted to thank you for recommending this book. I've heard of it but never checked it out. If this cabbage and prosciutto dish is an example, I think it may be my newest acquisition. In the meantime, I'll be picking up a copy from the library to take a closer look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Would love to hear from you - feel free to comment.